Why I think Youtube is great

Why I think Youtube is great:


Youtube

Growing up alongside an “imaginary friend”


When I was younger I had a couple of close friends, I was always lucky enough to surround myself with great people, I used to do what most kids do, I played a lot of videogames, as I got a little older I couldn't really satisfy my need for playing, I didn't own a gaming pc nor did my family wanted to keep on getting me videogames, but my love for them still persisted so I had to come up with a solution for this problem.


I was around 14 or 15 when I discovered Youtube gameplays series and thought this was it. Gameplay series for those who don't know what I'm talking about are a series of episodes where someone (the youtuber or youtubers) play a videogame and talk over it.
 
I watched them play the videogames I wanted to play but also, and I believe more importantly, they talked about subjects I wanted to talk about and didn't really feel comfortable talking about with other people.

I remember I was graduating school and thinking about what should I do now? So naturally I went on youtube to calm down and think, the youtuber I was watching shared his own personal experience with attending a university and how he chose a career that suited him, his experience helped me a lot to choose the career I graduated from.

I also remember I broke up with a girlfriend and I sent her a link to a gameplay series were they talked about dealing with heartbreak and such, thinking back on it, wasn't my proudest moment, but it's so you the person reading this understands how much Youtube meant for me and how they were there for me as I grew older.

I have up until now, 10 years later, followed them, subscribed to them and watched thousands if not hundreds of thousands of hours of youtube gameplays, podcasts, opinions, etc. All of it for free. So yeah I have watched them play the games I couldn't afford and the ones I could afford because I felt like I needed their perspective on how they feel about whichever game.

Now, youtube have changed a lot, youtubers have also changed a lot, without personally knowing any of them I feel really connected with how they carry themselves. 

I know it might sound really lame but hey, I have been a friend to these people since school and we still talk from time to time which is more than I can say for some of my real friends.  

Anyways, I think Youtube is great because every time I was feeling down I comforted myself with their content, because they made me laugh, they made me think about topics I never would have considered and they helped me become who I am today. So basically I want to thank them for being a part of my life and I hope you keep on doing what you do best wich is being there for the people when they need you the most.

As always, I thank you for reading this and please keep finding a way to become a better you.

Comments

  1. This is a really insightful post! I feel like most people would shrug off using youtube to connect with others, but you've really shown how much it affects you and how big of a role it has in your life. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great insight! You elaborated the impacts so well. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Working with teenagers, I've known that Youtube is to them what television is to me. But I didn't realize how comforting watching gamers could be. I enjoyed this post. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great insights, keep sharing your thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finding yourself

Everyday happiness