Finding yourself

Chapter of life series:

Finding yourself

Let's say you are out with friends and you meet a potential significant other, in-between questions one asks the other: 
- Tell me about yourself, Who are you?

It seems like a simple question, doesn't it? I mean sure there are millions of possible answers to the question and in my case, I tend to look at it in a philosophical way but it's almost impossible to respond.

Or at least that's what I used to believe.

One way to answer the question is to say your name or where you are from, what and where you studied, you know... facts about you... but 

Does that really answer the question?

I believe there is no real answer to a question like that, we all have our time periods to find the answer, some of us make take a lifetime to find the answer, some may find it in their teenage years and I suppose it's also possible we may never find the proper answer to the question. I guess what I'm trying to say is that each individual person needs to find their own answer to it. 

Every single one of us is different to the other, we may have similarities but we definitively have our uniqueness. maybe it's in the way we smile or maybe it's our talent in telling a joke, the point is there is always something that makes us unique. If you think of somebody else and what makes them unique, you could have a hard time finding the answer or it may just be instantaneous, if we focus enough and think of someone, you may find in others the answer.

For example we all have that friend that can't take a joke and gets mad at the world for nothing, it's a general stereotype, there is no uniqueness in that, but then again our perception makes that friend unique because there was one particular situation where that friend said or did something that no one would have guessed could have happened.


Finding yourself quote

Do you get it? 

The answer is the sum of everything, it's what the world looks and thinks you are, it's what you say and do to others and most importantly, it's what you think you are. If you think hard enough and motivate yourself enough you can become anything you believe you are or want to be.

And yes a name and last name might suffice because it's simple once you understand, we are who we are.

I guess what I'm really trying to say is that everybody is unique and people react differently to a situation given, we shouldn't worry if a particular action wasn't like us because you thinking of a mistake, problem or defect is also a part of who you are and without them, we wouldn't have learned and we couldn't have grown out of it. 

It's also a matter of who you are in a particular timeframe, I know I'm not the same guy now than who I was back in 2015 and hopefully I'll become a better person in the future than who I am today.

People are the sum of it all, our experience, our knowledge, the place we were born in, the people that surround us and so many things more.

Let's just have some more fun, let's make the most out of our situation and hopefully enjoy the world while we are in it.

As always, I thank you for reading this and please keep finding a way to become a better you.

Comments

  1. Nice read. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed your post, it was lovely to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice read. Each one of us definitely needs to walk that extra mile to become a better version of ourselves

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice read! Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to more content 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Sum of everything" I love that. It is so true. We are complex creatures and to understand that we have to accept and recognize it all

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poignant, meaningful and timeless. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everysingle one of us is different to the other, we may have similarities but we definitively have our uniqueness

    This = power.

    Cool post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As an over 30 person, I am still trying to find myself. I don't think it's something that we figure out early on, only because we change and evolve. But everyday I find something uniquely beautiful about myself. Thank you for the article!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Everyday happiness

Indifference, a step closer to happiness