Doing the right thing

Chapter of life series:

Doing the right thing


This subject again... So if you have read my posts before then you understand this is something I struggle with a lot, I believe we all have to do what is right for us. But what exactly is that and how can we tell?  

There are times when you can't understand anything from a situation you went through, but then something clicks and you see why that happened. At the moment you just couldn´t see the big picture, it's like you needed a different perspective or the specific angle in order for it to make sense.

I know sometimes our actions might not feel like they were the right thing to do but a mistake could potentially be the right choice. 

For example:
 Let´s assume you have a job, a shitty paying job but a job nonetheless and one day you get anxious and something tells you to quit except you don´t quit because well you need the money.

Now what if I told you that “Peter” your co-worker and the one that followed his heart quitted the job and landed the dream job for him only 2 weeks later.

If “Peter” told you this, you probably wouldn't feel like you made the right choice.

And then again what about the other possibility? 

Well our friend “Roger” who also followed his instincts and quit his shitty paying job had to move back with his mother after 2 weeks because he couldn´t afford rent anymore and is now feeling devastated.

If “Roger” told you this, you'd probably feel like you made the right choice.

Doing the right thing phrases



 
The point being:

We cannot possibly know if in our own situations we’d be Peter or Roger.

A typical schrodinger´s cat kind of situation here. There are certain circumstances where what I thought was the right thing to do came back to bite me, like the time I tried to step into the middle of an argument that led nowhere and ended up getting roasted by both parties, even though I entered the chaos with the intention of ending it and making peace between this two friends I was quickly reminded that sometimes the best thing to do is nothing at all.

But I learned something from that situation and I still consider it the right choice. In the end I did what I did because I felt like it was the right thing to do.

Maybe If I didn´t step in they might have had ended their good friendship and they do have a good relationship with eachother or maybe if I didn´t step in they would have had maintained their friendship either way and I´m just the asshole who interrupted them and got hurt for nothing.

So I´ll tell you I feel proud about the decision I made and stand with it because I might have saved them the loss of eachother so I´m glad I followed my instincts and stepped up because we can't be afraid of getting into an uncomfortable position just because we might end up getting hurt.

I’m gonna follow what my heart tells me to do when this kind of situations happen and I'm also going to think logically. If a similar situation ever happened again I would handle it a little better than I did before. 

My advice is to continue to follow your heart and be prepared to face those decisions you make along the way. Try to think about what you did wrong and how to handle it better next time because that´s life, trial and error. Bad situations happen so we try to become better versions of ourselves.

As always, I thank you for reading this and please keep finding a way to become a better you.

Comments

  1. Great piece, thanks so much. We should always follow our heart and be ready to take full responsibility of every decision we make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just a wonderful piece... I love your writing style. I agree with you that we should follow our heart, because if we don't we will never truly be happy and will always wonder. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well said. It's so true the most important action to take is what feels right to you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Everyday happiness

Finding yourself

Indifference, a step closer to happiness